Wednesday, January 2, 2013

My Mommy Makeover

For year, I have been focused so much on being the perfect mother to my kids and making sure all their needs were met that I had forgotten about all the "needs" that I had that went unmet.  I am undeniably a wife and a mother but there is more to this woman than laundry, pot roasts, and dusting.  I was a stay at home mom for several years and in those several years, I have come to the conclusion that being at home all day with my babies is not my style!  In no way am I saying that I need to neglect my duties as a mom and have my 3, 5, and 7 year old fend for themselves.  What I am saying is that it is time to carve out time for me.  Time for me to just be with me and nurture the things that I love/have passion for.  I enjoy going to the gym and learning more about how my body works.  I love going to my closet to figure out how many different outfits I can put together.  Eventually, I would like to share what I have learned with other mamas like me.  I can't parent effectively if I feel like I'm wasting away. As a mommy, I have to hold on to some things that make me, me (a unique individual). I have to realize that contrary to what the old school mamas may think, I am more than just somebodies mama.  I am a woman with visions, goals, and dreams.  I can't push my babies to go after their dreams if I am not doing the same. We gotta lead by example.  So alongside my road to self discovery, this mommy is getting a makeover! I'm tearing apart what the image of an ideal mommy is and reinventing this mommy for not only what works for this family but for what works for myself as well.  I'm a mommy on a mission!

No comments:

Post a Comment